Lansinoh Moms' Club
Hospital/Birthing Center Bag Checklist
What do you really need to pack for labor and delivery? Here are the essentials and the nice-to-haves for your birthing center/hospital bag checklist:
- Birthing plan, insurance documents, and any other paperwork from your healthcare provider.
- Camera and extra batteries or battery charger. This may be your cell phone, so pack a charger for that too!
- Toiletries for you and your partner, including toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, and contact solution (if needed). If you wear contacts, you may want to bring an extra pair or your glasses, just in case you need them. Avoid heavily scented lotions, perfumes, and colognes.
- Bathrobe, pajamas and socks or slippers for walking the halls, and flip-flops for shared bathrooms.
- Clothes to come home in. You likely won’t be walking out in your regular skinny jeans so make sure you have roomy clothes that will fit comfortably. You will also want a pair of larger, comfy underwear that you don’t mind getting ruined.
- If you’re planning to breastfeed, pack a nursing bra or tank, disposable nursing pads, and Lansinoh Lanolin to get through the first few days.
- Car Seat: you will not be allowed to take the baby home without one.
- Coming home outfit for baby, including a little hat and blanket if it’s chilly outside.
- Extra pillow or blanket, as the ones provided may not be too comfortable. Some moms prefer their own bathrobe to the gowns provided.
- Healthy snacks or small bills and change for vending machines.
- Comfort items like music, magazines or books, notebook and pen or journal.