Lansinoh Moms' Club
Hospital/Birthing Center Bag Checklist
What do you really need to pack for labor and delivery? Here are the essentials and the nice-to-haves for your birthing center/hospital bag checklist:
- Copies of your birth plan, insurance documents, and any other paperwork from your healthcare provider.
- Chargers for your cell phone and tablet. (Look for a phone charger that's extra-long if you can!)
- Toiletries for you and your partner, including toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, face wash, lip balm, headband or hair ties, and contact solution (if needed). If you wear contacts, you may want to bring an extra pair, plus your glasses, just in case you need them. Avoid heavily scented lotions, perfumes, and colognes.
- Our Postpartum Recovery Essentials kit has the gentle cleansing, soothing care, and cooling relief for the pain and discomfort caused by birth and delivery.
- Anything you need to help you manage your labor pain, like a playlist breathing and relaxation exercises or a birthing ball.
- Bathrobe, pajamas and socks or slippers for walking the halls, and flip-flops for shared bathrooms.
- Clothes and shoes for you to wear home. Pick something that's roomy and comfortable, as you'll still be recovering. You'll also want a pair of larger, comfy underwear that you don’t mind getting ruined.
- If you’re planning to breastfeed, pack a nursing bra or tank, disposable nursing pads, and Lansinoh Lanolin to get through the first few days. A breastfeeding pillow can help you get comfortable with breastfeeding positions and is perfect for c-section mamas! .
- Car Seat: you will not be allowed to take the baby home without one.
- Coming home outfit for baby, including a little hat and blanket if it’s chilly outside.
- Extra pillow or blanket, as the ones provided may not be too comfortable. Some moms prefer their own bathrobe to the gowns provided.
- Healthy snacks or small bills and change for vending machines.
- Comfort items like music, headphones, magazines or books, notebook/journal, and pen.
All content found on the Lansinoh.com website, including: text, images, audio, or other formats were created for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.