Updated: August 2019
Lansinoh Laboratories, Inc. and any of its subsidiaries ("us", "we", or "our") care about and respect your privacy. We are committed to protecting your personal information through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes:
- The types of information that you may be asked to provide when you download, install, register with, access, or use the Lansinoh.com website (the “Site”) or the Lansinoh mobile application (the “App” and together with the Site, the “Services”);
- The types of information we may automatically or manually collect when you use the Services; and
- How we process your personal data including collecting, using, maintaining, securing, keeping safe, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to information we collect in the Services, and any email created through or relating to the Services.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We may collect offline or through any of our other applications or websites, including any websites you may access through the Services.
- Personal information you provide to or is collected by any third party.
Other websites, applications, and any third-party may have their own privacy policies, and for your own peace of mind and protection, we strongly encourage you to read these other privacy policies before providing personal information on or through them.
We endeavor to make this policy easy to understand. Please take the time to read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If there are any areas of the policy you do not understand or are concerned about please email [email protected] for further support.
This policy may change from time to time by posting a revised version and updating the “Updated” date above. You may not be informed if the change is deemed minor. If a revision is material, we will notify you by email to the primary email address specified in your account, if available.
International Data Transfer
We are based in the United States and the personal information we collect is governed by United States law. By accessing or using the Services or providing us with any information, you consent to the transfer, processing and storage of your information in and to the United States and other countries, jurisdictions in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen.
Children under the Age of 13
The Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will immediately delete that information.
- We do however collect personal information about babies or children from their parents.
- Personal information about a baby or child must not be provided without first getting the parent's consent.
If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13 without proper parental consent, please contact us at [email protected].
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of our Services:
- Directly from you when registering and using the Services; and
- Automatically about you when you use the Services.
Without information about you, we may not be able to provide you with the features of the Services or the support you request.
Information You Provide to Us
When you download, register with or use the Services, we may ask you to provide information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, address, and email address, (“Personally Identifiable Information”). If you purchase a product or service through the Services, this Personally Identifiable Information may also include your credit card number, the expiration date of your credit card, your billing address, and your shipping information;
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your password, nursing information (including volumes, durations, and times with respect to your breast pumping, breast feeding, and bottle feeding), your child’s diaper change intervals and conditions; and any notes you recorded on the Services regarding the foregoing;
- Information about your child, such as your baby’s name, gender, due date, date of birth, and growth over time (weight, height, and head circumference); and
- Your search queries on the Services.
We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Services.
Feedback, Surveys, and Research
From time to time we may ask you to help us with feedback, research, and/or surveys. We will correlate and securely store your responses. If we share the results of any research/survey data with a third-party, we will remove any Personally Identifiable Information before sharing.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking
When you download, access, or use the Services, we may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the Services, we may automatically collect certain details about your access to and use of the Services, including communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Services, and other details of your use on the Services.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your device and internet connection, including your hardware model, your device's unique device identifier, operating system and version, browser type, network information, and the IP address of your device.
- Stored Information and Files. The Services also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio, and video for use of various features within the Services.
If you do not want us to collect this information, do not download, access, or use the Services, or delete them from your device.
Information Collection and Tracking Technologies
When you use the Services, we may use the following technologies to collect information:
- Cookies (or Mobile Cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your device. It may be possible to refuse to accept cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your device. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of the Services. For more information and to learn how to block or delete cookies used by the Services, please see “Your Choices” below.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Services may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages, and for other related statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity).
Third-party Information Collection
When you use the Services or their content, certain third-parties outside of our control may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
- Your device manufacturer
- Your mobile service provider
- Your internet service provider
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use the Services. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, applications, and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third-parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content you may not have agreed to, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How do we protect your information?
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with the Services and their contents, and any other information, products, or services that you request from us;
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- Remind you of your nursing schedules and child feeding schedules;
- Provide you with encouragement notices based on your nursing progress;
- Provide you useful tips on nursing and child care;
- Notify you when Services updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though them;
- Provide you with information or marketing regarding other products we offer; and
- For any other purpose disclosed to you in connection with your use of the Services.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve the Services, future products we may develop, and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Improve our Services or other products we may develop (we continually strive to improve our offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you);
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Services according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches, and optimize your search results; and
- Recognize you when you use the Services.
We may use location information we collect to customize the Services for your location, comply with legal obligations in different locations, and for our own marketing optimization purposes.
Disclosure of Your Information
We will not sell or transmit to others any Personally Identifiable Information entered on the Services or any piece of information that could be associated with your Personally Identifiable Information.
We may also share automatically collected and other non-Personally Identifiable Information in an aggregate form (such as user trends and demographic information) with a variety of third parties. This information may be used to assist such parties in understanding the usage, viewing, and demographic patterns for certain programs, content, services, and/or functionality on the Services.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms We provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of your information.
You have the following rights, which you can request from us at any time:
- To stop processing your personal information on a temporary basis;
- The right to be forgotten (deleted from our servers);
- The right to object to processing; and
- The right to access, change, or correct your personal information.
Email [email protected] should you wish to exercise any of the rights above.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance and Do Not Track Notice
Because we value your privacy, we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent. California law requires us to let you know how we respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. Because there currently is not an industry or legal standard for recognizing or honoring DNT signals, we do not respond to them at this time.