Lansinoh Moms' Club
Homemade Baby Food Recipes
Overwhelmed by the thought of making your own baby food? Don’t be! In many cases you don’t need much more than a basic saucepan and a fork. Worried about time? Invest in a small slow cooker or a blender to make the process even easier.
Here are a few simple and easy homemade baby food recipes that Lansinoh employees have used to feed their own babies:
- Half of a ripe (extra soft) banana
- Cut into slices in a bowl. Mash with fork. Add water or breastmilk as needed.
Or Mashed Avocado
- Peel and remove the center of a ripe (soft) avocado. Center should be dark green, no brown. Cut out brown spots if there are any.
- Cut half the avocado into slices. Mash with fork. Add water or breastmilk as needed.
Carrots or Sweet Potatoes
- Wash, peel, and slice carrots or sweet potatoes
- Place in steam basket over pot of about ½ cup of boiling water. Steam until you can easily break with a fork.
- Add to blender and blend until creamy. Add water or breastmilk as needed.
Chicken and apples
- ½ cup of cooked, cubed chicken breasts
- ½ cup of natural applesauce
- Place ingredients in blender and puree until creamy, adding water or breastmilk as needed.
Eggy Bread (for babies feeding themselves finger foods)
- Crack egg, beat egg yolk. Mix in small amount of breastmilk.
- Dip slice of bread into egg/milk mixture, covering both sides.
- Cook on lightly greased non-stick frying pan, flipping over once. Lightly brown on both sides.
- Cut into small pieces; Allow to cool and let baby feed self.