Pumping moms may not need everything in the diaper bag when they head out the door, but even the shortest of trips requires a pumping bag checklist. It helps to have a packing routine, so you don’t leave parts behind.
Here are some suggestions from pumping moms on what to pack in your breast pump bag for work, school, and everywhere else:
- Your breast pump
- All the parts you will need to pump - complete collection kit including flanges, valves, diaphragms, tubing, and A/C adapter or batteries
- Clean pump bottles (one for each pumping session plus one) with lids or storage bags
- Cooler bag and ice packs to store and transport your expressed breast milk
- Wet hand wipes
- Extra clothing, such as a top or sweater, in case of leaks
- Extra nursing pads
- Plastic, sealable bag to hold wet or used pump parts
- Snacks and lunch, including high protein healthy foods and drinks to keep you hydrated
- A photo of your baby or even one of their little onesies so you can be reminded of them when you pump. This can help with let-down and the disconnected feeling you may have while pumping
All content found on the Lansinoh.com website, including: text, images, audio, or other formats were created for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.