Lansinoh Moms' Club
8 Benefits for Breastfeeding Moms
Breastfeeding isn't just great for baby. There are significant health, emotional, and financial benefits for mom, too!
In fact, breastfeeding…
- Decreases breast cancer risk and may decrease the risk of ovarian and uterine cancer.
- Reduces the risk of developing Type 2 diabetes.
- It may lessen the severity of postpartum depression. Breastfeeding triggers the release of oxytocin (the "love hormone") and prolactin, hormones that help with relaxation and reduce stress.
- Burns extra calories, which may make it easier to lose weight after pregnancy.
- Helps your uterus return to its normal size and lessens bleeding you may experience after birth.
- Saves valuable time! No need to purchase, measure or mix formula, and no bottles to warm in the middle of the night.
- Is free - at least the breastmilk! Even if you are pumping, a good pump and accessories are less expensive than formula. (And you may even get your pump for free!)
- Is environmentally friendly.
Want to learn more? Here's what you can expect as a breastfeeding mom.
All content found on the Lansinoh.com website, including: text, images, audio, or other formats were created for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.