What to Have in Your Pump Bag
Pumping moms may not need everything found in a diaper bag when they head out the door, but even the shortest of trips requires a pumping bag checklist.
It helps to have a packing routine, so you don’t leave parts behind. Here are some suggestions from pumping moms on what to pack in your breast pump bag:
- All the parts you will need to pump - complete collection kit including valves, diaphragms, tubing, the pump base, and A/C adaptor or batteries
- Clean pump bottles (one for each pumping session plus one) with lids or storage bags
- Cooler bag and ice packs to store and transport your expressed breast milk
- Wet hand wipes
- Extra clothing, such as a top or sweater, in case of leaks
- Extra nursing pads
- Plastic, sealable bag to hold wet or dirty pump parts
- Snacks and lunch, including high protein healthy foods and drinks to keep you hydrated.
- A photo of your baby or even one of their little onesies so you can be reminded of them when you pump. This can help with let-down and the disconnected feeling you may have while pumping.
SEE ALSO: Back To Work Checklist